Military Medical Malpractice Attorney for Military Hospitals and Coast Guard Hospitals in Virgina
Posted on April 23, 2012
Unfortunately military medical malpractice at US Military bases in Virginia, particularly at Navy, Air Force and Army bases such as the Langley, Dewitt Army Hospital, and Fort Lee is an issue. Indeed, they have a history of failing to diagnose serious medical conditions and some have issues with birth injury and birth injuries.
Moreover, as the recent father of a newborn son, I can assest to the fact that going through the experience of child birth for a new or existing family can be an exciting, but stressful time. Being in Virginia, potentially away from your family simpy heightens the concerns as there are fewer choices for medical care. When faced with a birth injury or birth injuries, such as a brain injury, cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, paralysis, fractured or broken bones, asphyxia, shoulder dystocia, stillborn death, forceps and vacuum extraction injuries, preeclampsia, fetal distress, abruption of the placenta, it is difficult to know where to turn when medical malpractice is involved or suspected.
When the malpractice takes place at a military hospital, you can add a significant additional layer of complication. Most military members and their defendants, do not realize that malpractice claims against military hospitalsare all handled under the Federal Tort Claims Act (the FTCA) and through the federal courts.
Often times, however, when you contact a local attorney, while they may be interested in your case, they do not understand the process for suing the government. Having been a Judge Advocate with the United States Air Force as well as the United States Army, I know how to handle such claims.
Another concern of course is that they often have a small window for filing the claim under the FTCA. So you will not want to delay calling an attorney. In fact, many of my calls with potential clients take place only days after the birth and while the patient is still in the hospital.
If I can help or guide you, call me, Eric Webb, at 323-462-3736 or email me at email@example.com. My firm has $25M in results: www.bestmilitarymedicalmalpracticelawyer.com/Military-Medical-Malpractice/Birth-Injuries.shtml
We handle medical malpractice claims such as surgical errors, failure to diagnose, birth injuries, out of all of the major military hospitals throughout Virginia, including at the following installations:
- Dewitt Army Hospital, Fort Belvoir, VA
- McDonald Army Community Hospital, Fort Eustis, VA
- Andrew Rader US Army Health Clinic, Fort Myer, VA
- Arlington Hall Station, Arlington, VA
- Davison US Army Airfield, Accotink, VA
- Fort A.P. Hill, Bowling Green, VA
- Kenner Army Health Clinic, Fort Lee, VA
- Fort Monroe, Hampton, VA
- Fort Story, Virginia Beach, VA
- Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth, VA
- Navy Medical Clinic, Quantico, VA
- Navy Medical Clinic, Norfolk, VA
- Navy Branch Clinic, Arlington Annex, Arlington, VA
- NAVSWC Dahlgren, VA
- CGMCDEC Mann Hall, Quantico, VA
- OCS Camp Upshur, Quantico, VA
- Sewells Point Clinic, NAVSTA, Norfolk, VA
- De-Gaussing Facility, Lambert’s Point, Norfolk, VA
- 1 Medical Group, Langley AFB, VA
- US Coast Guard Support Center Clinic, Churchland, Portsmouth, VA
- US Coast Guard Reserve Training Center Clinic, Yorktown, VA